7.11.2011

Back to Paleo I Go!

I just threw away the remainder of my M&Ms and chocolate chips. After a HORRENDOUS day of eating (nutrition wise), I felt I just had to purge my house of sweet things that have been tempting me.

I have decided to try a couple weeks of Paleo again. I need to give up sweets, period, and this is the only way I can think of to go cold turkey with a legitimate reason. The last time I did Paleo, I lost 3 pounds in the first week of following it 95%. Then I lost another 1.5 pounds in the second week by following it about 80%. I definitely cheated by eating some sweets and a few carbs in the form of LUNA bars.

This time, I'm going to REALLY try to follow it at least 98% - I might have some milk in my coffee or something, and I may have a LUNA bar on occasion (they are mostly soy anyway and have a very low glycemic index). I just need some fast results and I need to re-incorporate LOTS of veggies into my diet.

Foods:

-Huge bowl of rolled oats with mashed banana
-Ground beef, cooked from a couple nights ago
-SHITLOADS of M&Ms and a bag of Skittles
-A couple handfuls of potato chips
-A few spoonfuls of peanut butter
-A small cup of homemade pasta sauce with a pinch of cheese on it

Workouts:

-Walked 2 miles
-Ripped in 30, Level 2


On the bright side, I made a SUPER healthy homemade pasta sauce tonight:

-1 pound 93% lean ground beef
-1 red bell pepper
-1 large sweet onion
-2 (15oz) cans crushed tomatoes
-1 (15oz) can petite diced tomatoes
-small amount of olive oil to brown meat and veggies
-sage or other herbs to taste

I just cooked the ground beef in my Le Creuset dutch oven and set it aside. Then I diced and sauteed my onion and pepper in the same pot. I then added the ground beef back to the mix, along with the cans of tomatoes. I added some sage and then let simmer for about 20 minutes. I don't know the exact calories per 1 cup serving, but I would estimate that it's around 150-200 per cup. It made a TON, and when I divided the calorie total by 6, I got 220. I think it actually made 8+ cups at least. The ENTIRE pot was only 1500 calories, INCLUDING the beef! I think next time I would actually add a green bell pepper too, maybe another red bell pepper to have 2-3 bell peppers total. They are only 35 calories each and are packed with antioxidants and full of fiber.

Time for bed now! Looking forward to a fresh PALEO start tomorrow morning!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment